MBA stands for MASTER of Business Administration, which is the most sorted after Master’s degree in Business administration. , it is a 2-year program to get a golden ticket to work in a large corporation or start your own business.
The various areas of business are introduced to the candidate in the MBA program such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operation management, etc.
So we are provide the best study tips for preparation strategies for MBA entrance exams in this article step by step .
So our first step is we should know about all MBA entrance exams and the pattern of the exam. generally, Every MBA entrance exam has 3-4 sections that are basic abilities, language, logical reasoning, etc.
MBA entrance Exam Pattern-
|section||No. of Question||Time allotted|
|Verbal Ability||34||1 hour|
|Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning||32||1 hour|
|Quantitative Ability||32||1 hour|
MBA entrance exam syllabus……..
|1||English Language and comprehension||Vocabulary Building Reading Comprehension Para-Jumbles Idioms and phrases Word Analogy Sentence Completion Word Problem Spotting Errors Sentence Correction|
|2||Reasoning & Data Interpretation||Analogy Number Series Letter series Distance & Direction ODD one Out Venn Diagrams Syllogism Coding-Decoding Mathematical Operation Blood Relation Logical Analytical Reasoning Data Interpretation|
|3||Numerical Ability||Number System Simplification Square Root and Cube Root Ration and Proportion Indices and surds Percentage Profit and loss Parteneship Average Alligation Time and Work Plane Geometry Volume and Surface area of solid Area of Plan Figures Progressions Linear Equations Compound Interest Simple Interest Time, Speed and Distance|
|4||General Awareness||India history World Geography First in India Cultural Activities Awards Sports Our India National Symbols The universe United Nations organization Indian constitution & Politics Planning in India General sciences Space research|
Preparation Tips for MBA Entrance exam –
- The MBA entrance is not looking for your Knowledge of any Particular Subject but it evaluates you on your overall ability, so better pay attention to the basic Abilities such as language, logical reasoning, etc.
- One can not Predict the question Pattern in The MBA entrance But the Pattern of The Marks Obtain can surely be guessed. A sum of 60-65 in each of the three-section will surely get you a good institution.
- It is very important to appear for mock tests. It helps you understand the paper type and enables you to realize your weakness and strengths so that you can improve
- Once you complete the syllabus .It is very necessary to solve previous exam test papers with solution
- Don’t plan aimless study sessions. Set a goal before you sit down to prepare. for instance, you have decided to study for 3 hours so you should know what you wish to achieve at the end of your session.
- For the preparation OF MBA entrance test you should keep in the mind that studying Strategically is what makes a difference between the one who makes it to the IIMs and others, so don’t underestimate any section and distribute equal time to each and practice
- Also don’t forget to time yourself while practicing because with Polishing of your abilities time Management also needs to be taken care of
Best book for MBA entrance Exam –
|Quantitative Ability||Arun Sharma Abhijit Guha|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma R.S Aggrawal NIshit K.Sinha|
|Verbal Ability||Arun Sharma Meenakshi Upadhyay|
Word Power Made Easy By Norman Lewis .
NCERT books .
Wren and Martin English Grammar.
Mock Test is Most important.
There are some essential areas in which student have to work in order to get pass entrance exam :-
- Command over the English language
- Logical and Reasoning ability
- Knowledge about the National and World affairs
- Leadership Qualities and Public Speaking quality
- Solving puzzles and participating in quiz competitions will enhance your logical ability.
- Identify the types of questions that appear in the exam by using the previous year’s question papers.
- Do not use traditional methods. The traditional methods taught to solve these questions in school often fail in MBA entrance exams.
- Cover the complete syllabus. Even if you are excellent at a topic, it is easy to tweak questions to stump even the best of the candidates.
- Increase the use of English in your day-to-day usage.
So these are the some important fields to work on previously to get admission in MBA.
All the best…….